Uses For Recycled Cooking Oil

Posted on: 27 July 2015

If you're like most restaurants, you go through a huge amount of cooking oil each month. However, disposing of used oil can be a problem. You don't want to put it in your drains and risk clogging your pipes and contaminating the sewer system. Although there are many ways to properly dispose of your cooking oil, recycling this product is just good business. Recycling your oil is not only kind to the environment, but can actually attract customers who prefer to do business with companies to make efforts to reduce their carbon footprint.
[Read More]

How To Make Money Selling Scrap Metal

Posted on: 18 July 2015

Most households and businesses have so-called scrap metal sitting around. It could be an old appliance, discarded building supplies, a bicycle you never use or old shelving. All of these items represent money if you're willing to haul them down to a scrap yard. However, to people who have never made such a transaction, the thought of selling scrap metal can be rather intimidating. After all, most scrap yards are located in less familiar neighborhoods and you may be uncertain about what to do when you arrive at the yard.
[Read More]

3 Recycling Tips For Medical Facilities

Posted on: 15 July 2015

According to the World Health Organization, only 20% of the waste generated by healthcare activities is hazardous or toxic. The other 80% of waste is just general waste. With so much non-hazardous waste coming out of healthcare facilities, it's vital that clinics, nursing homes, and hospitals take steps to ensure that any recyclable material is recycled, rather than ending up in landfills. If you're looking for ways to green up the waste management department of your medical facility, here are some tips that can help.
[Read More]

Recycling Asphalt Roofs

Posted on: 13 July 2015

Most roofs with asphalt shingles need to be replaced at least every20 years, although storm damage might result in the need to replace the roof even sooner.  Roofs generally weigh between 3 and 4 tons, which results in a huge amount of asphalt shingles in landfills each year.  One fairly new option homeowners and roofing companies have is to recycle the asphalt shingles in the roofs that are demolished.  Why should you consider recycling your asphalt shingles?
[Read More]